How is the survey carried out?
One of our friendly experts will visit the property and conduct a detailed visual inspection, both internally and externally, inspecting any concealed areas such as roof spaces or underfloor areas (where accessible and safe to do so, although not intrusive).Although no services are physically tested, they are observed in operation to check they are in working order. You will be provided with an electronic copy of all photographs taken by your surveyor, so you can really get a feel and understanding for any issues found.
What is included within this report?
A Level 3 - Building survey aims to provide the client with all the information you need to make a confident purchase decision. Included within your written report is:
- Description of any identifiable risk of potential or hidden defects in areas not inspected.
- Proposal of the most probable cause(s) of the defects identified.
- An outline of the likely scope of any appropriate remedial work and an explanation of the likely consequences of non-repair.
- General recommendations with regards to the priority work and estimated timescale.
- Detailed description of any legal implications of ownership.